Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Summer's Almost Gone!!!

My goodness, how time flies!  I can't believe it's been since February that I've posted on here, but lots has happened in the meantime.   Anyway, I'm sorry to be so delinquent! 


Boots
I'm looking forward to taking part in Arts Around The Square (ARTS) in Paris on Sept. 29 and would love to see everyone's smiling faces there.  It's a day of fun with something for everyone from ages 2 to 102, so be sure to plan on being there.  I'm sending in my request for great weather so it will be a wonderful day!

Chrystal River, Colorado
oil, 28 x 22

 I've been busy painting and have a few new things to show, plus I've updated my web site. so how about checking that out too -( annstappart.com. )  I hope you'll like the new look.

Boots is a painting of our cat, whom we lost, sadly, but he will always be remembered.  If you have that special pet, I will do pet portraits, so give me a call!  (731-644-7334)

Chrystal River is a natural river in a beautiful spot west of Aspen, Colorado, where we camped last summer for a couple weeks and thoroughly enjoyed the scenery and the weather!


White Ibis

This summer we spent July down in Melbourne Beach, FL where we got to see a different type of scenery and which happens to be the second largest sea turtle nesting area in the world!  It was so interesting to be able to see the huge turtles go through the process of digging their nests, depositing the eggs, covering the eggs again with sand, then retreating back to the sea, a process which takes several hours.  Most of them do it during the night, but the green turtles would do it about dawn, which gave us a chance to view the process.  I felt really privileged to be able to witness it and hope to create a painting from some of my photos.  The white ibis strolled the beach frequently, fishing the whole time, and I did manage to capture them on canvas!  And I'm happy to say it has sold!

All in all, it's been a good summer, I hope it's been good for everyone else as well. Please check out my web site and I promise so much time won't go by again before I update  my blog.  Thanks for hanging in there with me.   




2 comments:

Lee Owenby said...

Glad to see you back. Looks like you have lots of new art. Maybe we can visit at Arts Around the Square.

Ann Stapp said...

I'll look forward to seeing you!